Region 6

AR Alpha-LA Alpha-LA Beta-MS Alpha-MS Beta-MS Gamma-OK Alpha-OK Beta-TN Delta-TX Alpha-TX Beta-TX Gamma-TX Delta-TX Epsilon-TX Zeta-TX Eta

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chapter Histories!!!

I wanted to share a smart idea from our AR Alpha chapter with regards to chapter histories. For the Spring History, historian Allie Welty, created their history online. She used a program called Picaboo but there are many others out there like Kodak Gallery, Shutterfly, etc. I can really see advantages to this kind of scrap booking...
-most pictures people take are digital-easier for chapter members to send pictures to the historian
-build the history over time-when one event happens go ahead and do the page and save it, come back later to work on other. This way you aren't doing everything at the end
-chapter histories don't contain any Pi Phi ceremonies or ritual so privacy is not really an issue. If you are still worried about keeping your history private, most programs offer a privacy option or only allow those that you have shared your album with to view the album.
-if you do an online newsletter to alums or the chapter, it is so easy to send a link to share your finished history.
-money saving-most of these albums are very reasonable priced and the cost to order the actually book will be comparable to buying scrap booking supplies at local stores.
-when you are submitting your history to the programming specialist, no need to make copies. You can simply send me the link to your chapter history online and proof that you actually ordered the finished book and then email the Chapter History Submittal form and there is no need to actually mail anything.

Sounds really easy to me! I have asked Allie's permission to share the AR Alpha chapter history with you. She has been so nice to answer my questions about her history and how she went about making it. I hope everyone enjoys viewing it! The link is posted below. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me, if I can't answer them then I will probably refer your question to Allie

http://preview.picaboo.com/Webview/CoverPage.aspx?album=0000000000025CC60C&user=0000000000021525A7

FYI...I am in the process of reading monthly letters so please remember to check back because I am going to be posting so good ideas for all sorts of programming issues! I have seen some wonderful ideas so far.

No comments: